Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Site!

Today I found out my site and Im going to the Dept of Matagalpa!!! I got my first choice site which I am absolutely PSYCHED about!!! Matagalpa is the center of coffee and chocolate growing, as well as some ecotourism and BEAUTIFUL mountains. I will be visiting the site all of next week with my counterpart, who is the person with whom I will be working for the next 2 years. The site is a larger site, with regular access to water and electricity, as well as internet cafes, a food market, small restaurants, and places to dance! I am absolutely thrilled to be going there, and would hopefully like to do some of my secondary projects in the areas of sustainable coffee and ecotourism. Here is a picture of where in the country I will be:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/NicaraguaMatagalpa.png

If youd like more information, send me an email and I can tell you more! Also, Ive posted all of my pics on Kodak Gallery so if youd like to see those as well, let me know and Ill hook you up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you got what you wanted :)