Saturday, November 15, 2008

Last week of training

Hey all,

Thanks so much to those of you who have been following regularly. It´s so nice to know there are people at home who are still wondering what I´m up to! I want to hear what you´re all up to, too!!

Monday night is my last night in my training town (so sad!). Then we have classes all week in Managua, the swearing-in ceremony on Thursday, and I head for my site on Saturday. We have really been feeling the Peace Corps budget crunch lately, especially hearing about how previous volunteers have been pampered. Hopefully I won´t have to dig into my savings in my site!

What else...I was unable to move my host family in my site. So that´s kind of a bummer. But I´m looking forward to a potential get-together for Thanksgiving in my department. I´m hoping I´ll be able to see other Nica48 volunteers at least once a month. I think this will keep a little bit of my sanity!

There´s not much else to say...the next couple of days will be filled with lots of goodbyes and new beginnings. Thanks for all the continued support from everyone.

2 comments:

Katalinalena said...

keep it up girl!! it's going to be tough sometimes but you are amazing just for being there! hope you get to move into your own place soon.

Unknown said...

Hey Seed! Change is hard, but don't worry, I am confident that once you get settled into your new town there will be all sorts of new adventures, challenges, etc. You will make the best of it! Enjoy the new surroundings!
Love you!!