Sunday, August 30, 2009

Thinking of Finally Taking that Dream Vacation?

Been working your butt off lately? Tired of the same old routine? Thinking of finally taking that dream vacation? Then Nicaragua is just the place for you! Here you'll encounter beautiful, sunny weather and pleasant temperatures - guaranteed (disclaimer: months of February through November do not apply)! No need to pay any professionals - you'll have a free tour guide and translator who can meet you the second you arrive on Nicaraguan soil (I'll even throw in a free tour of my latrine)!

Still think you'll feel a little uncomfortable in a foreign land? Worried about losing your luggage? I can assure you that it will be safely guarded by someone who could easily be mistaken for spiderman on the roof of an old, American school bus moving at speeds close to 70 mph.

Upon your arrival, I can take you volcano surfing (just as long as the volcano doesn't erupt) and wildlife viewing, even inside my own home! Here in Nicaragua, you'll also be able to find cheap, delicious food on every street corner (stool test not included). But if you'd rather enjoy a safe, home cooked meal, I cook a mean gallo pinto (beans are good for the heart)! But if Nicaraguan food isn't your cup of oversweetened coffee, there's plenty of American food to be found - you'll even get your spaghetti with an extra side of ketchup!

And f you're single and got that special blond-haired, blue-eyed gringa charm, you could have the added benefit of leaving Nicaragua with a ring on your finger!

But if safety is still your #1 concern - tranquilo! God is big here - he's got your back.

No but seriously, though, Nicaragua is awesome. You can even refresh yourself with its awesomeness by referring to my "Top 10 Reasons Why Nicaragua is Awesome" blog post. Visitors are welcome anytime in my book! You can get to see all the beauty and culture Nicaragua has to offer, and if you're lucky enough, maybe live a day in the life of Carolina (if you dare, muhaha).

Hasta luego, muchachos!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hysterical! But I will be taking you up on your offer soon - can't wait!
love ya mom

Unknown said...

ca,
i love the blog! i love hearing about all your hard work and sacrifice. enjoy life!
we miss you!
deb

Unknown said...

Carolyn,
I miss you!Your blog is awsome!Your a very good writer!I would love to hear about life and what you do in Nica.I hope you are having fun!I love you!

your cousin,
Emily
<3

Denise said...

Carolyn,
You know after you're done with this saving the world stuff, you could write a book about your experiences and go on the Today show to which you would invite me and I would get to meet Matt and Meredith or you could go on Oprah and I could get to meet her. So for me it's a win-win situation! But seriously, you are to be admired for you dedication. Nicaragua is very very lucky to have you. Miss you! Love, Denise

Carolyn said...

Thanks guys!